The 2021 Annual Yokefellowship Conference was held September 17-18 at Camp Hebron in Halifax PA. The theme was The Spiritual Disciplines, Going Deeper with Jesus and the focus was on Yokefellowship’s Seven Disciplines.
Ryan Forbes was our speaker for the Friday banquet. Ryan was a troublemaker who kept crossing paths with a town police officer, Wendell Metz. To Wendell, Ryan was a scum of the earth kind of guy who was a constant annoyance. To Ryan, Wendell was a police officer who seemed to have a vendetta against him. In one of Ryan’s prison stays, he gave his life to Jesus and a transformation happened in his life. The next time their paths crossed Ryan and Wendell Metzler ended up in a 45-minute conversation in which Ryan apologized and the two became friends.
- Keynote Speaker:
- Ryan Forbes, Drug & Alcohol Specialist, Former Inmate, Author, Unchained
- Seven Disciplines:
- Discipline of Prayer Nancy Jacobs, YPM Volunteer
- Discipline of Worship, Luke Martin, YPM Volunteer, Central PA Area Council
- Discipline of Money, David Manos, YPM Volunteer, NC PA Area Council
- Discipline of Time, Sean Atkinson, YPM SW/NW Regional Director and Volunteer, Three Rivers Area Council & Indiana County Area Council
- Discipline of Service, William Jones, YPM SE Regional Director and Volunteer, Delaware Valley Area Council
- Discipline of Study, John Rush, Former YPM Executive Director
- Discipline of Scripture, Freddie Nole, YPM Volunteer, Delaware Valley AC and Former Juvenile Lifer for 49 yrs
- Testimony Speakers:
- Jason Bright, Personal Testimony – Multiple incarcerations and hospitalizations, but God….
- Kim Guiser, Personal Testimony – Inmate’s Wife
- Jim Perkins, Personal Testimony, Former Inmate, Released, Returned, Released. God still working on healing.
- Other Speakers: